Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Kariya Park Cosplay Picnic

Hey guys ! For some reason, the last post I made didn't end up going through, so it's been a major time since I updated. D: Sorry about that !
Anyway, I've taken lots of photos to make blog entries about but unfortunately, my parents somehow managed to lose my brand new phone cord to upload photos off my phone ! D: I'm so upset .. I had all my outfit pictures, events, and everything on there ! I'll have to buy a new one when I find the money.


Shirt: H&M
Skirt: Stitches
Necklace&Rings: Urban Behaviour
Earrings&Sunglasses: Ardenes
Bracelets: Gift
Shoes: Brown
s


So I ended up attending the 'Mississauga Cosplay Picnic', only in my casual clothing since my parents packed up all of my costume gear. I still had lots of fun despite being in normal clothing, but wish I had gone more gal-like. It was extremely gloomy that day - from bad wind to rain to extremely cold weather - so I didn't bother to even try to do my hair since it would get messed up anyway. I did actually do my makeup really doll like, with bottom lashes and everything, but because my eyes have been so dry lately, they ended up watering so badly that they fell off and all my makeup smeared. D: '' I was so upset ! My top lashes managed to stay on until I got some pictures taken, but you can't really see them in the photos. I went to glue on some deco nails I had made too for the picnic, but then realized I ran out of nail glue ! My day didn't go all that great, haha.


Cosplayers having some lunch ! Photo (c) Stephanie Uchiha

We were at Kariya Park, which is a very beautiful Japanese inspired park in Mississauga right by Square One Mall. During the picnic, there must have been four weddings or something during that time frame and the people who were getting married in the park weren't very nice .. They got very angry with the people who were cosplaying because they were having photoshoots where they wanted to take photos at. I can see where they are coming from, but at the same time, they didn't bother to get a permit so they couldn't exactly tell us where and where we couldn't be. Thankfully, only a couple spats happened and that's it; everyone for the most part was very well behaved considering it was mostly teenagers from the ages of 14 to 19, and it wasn't very loud either. Everyone managed to keep the squealing to a minimum this time ! P:
I was glad that I got to see some of my good friends, and we all had a great time despite being so cold. Lots of people had great costumes on and I give major props to Laura for being able to wear her Rikku costume out in the cold weather for a photoshoot ! I was freezing just in my outfit, so I couldn't imagine how cold she must've been ! It was too bad I couldn't say behind and have dinner with everyone .. Hopefully next time I can !

No comments:

Post a Comment